September 16 2016
Here's the interview of the beautiful Stacy Jill from Russia !
1. How long have you been in cosplay ?
I've been cosplaying since 2010, it makes 6 years.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. How long does it take to craft your costumes ?
Sometimes, the creation of a cosplay takes a lot of days, to create the whole thing. There are cosplays that can be done very quickly, for example 3 days. But most of my cosplays are labor intensive costumes, which can take half a year.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I love to travel. I have been to many countries around the world, I like the old architecture of the cities. I'm curious to see people who live in these cities. Because of this I perceive the world and develop.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
I try to follow the new trends among the materials. But something new is not good for me. I mainly use worbla, foam...
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
I like the cosplayer under the name of Kamui. I admire her work, she has something for me to learn.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
When I am sitting in the same position for a long time, my joints hurt, especially my back and hands. However, when I created the wings once I burned myself with thermoplastic glue. I always take injuries on my fingers from scissors or knives. But in general, I don’t get any serious injuries and I am very pleased.
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
All my apartment is already a large closet for cosplay !
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
All the information I learn comes from youtube or from a special thematic web page on a particular topic, such as how to cut.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
In the near future I plan to visit Worldcosplaysummit in Japan in the city of Nagoya, because I am the representative of Team Russia 2016. And I will take part in several regional festivals in Russia.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
I don't set limits to myself, but for example, the last cosplay cost me about 450 $.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
There are lot of plans, but for example, from the manga «rg veda» Kendappa characters and from the anime «Bakumatsu Rock».
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I like learning foreign languages, reading 'phantasy' books, watching anime, doramas, playing with my cat and dog, hanging out with my husband and friends. In 'real life' I have my own business related to advertising and marketing.
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
I love conventions and festivals. There are people like me there. I get a positive attitude from their visit, sometimes I get something new from other cosplayers.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
I hope to become successful in cosplay, and not only in this matter but you should love your work and put all your energy and strength into it. If you're satisfied with the result of your work and efforts, then the success is not as important. There is a spiritual joy and the realization that "I could do it and I did it" !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
I can't do too sexy/uncovered costumes or characters that I don't like.
Sa page facebook personnelle : https://www.facebook.com/stacy.ji.jill/
Sa page deviantart personnelle : http://stacy-ji.deviantart.com/