December 10 2016
Here comes the interview of the beautiful April Gloria from New Jersey in the USA !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I wore my first costume to a convention in May of 2013 so a little more than three years.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
It depends on the costume and how much time I have to work on it. It could be two weeks or six months, or anywhere in between.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I enjoy the outdoors, drawing, reading, and makeup.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
I use a variety of materials depending on the project. I use a lot of leather, linen, vinyl, spandex for clothing, and some craft foam and worbla for armor. I've never tried the transparent worbla but it seems cool !
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
I have many favorite cosplayers ! I can't choose a favorite but I really admire Kamui cosplay's work if I have to choose just one.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
I've never severely injured myself however every so often I will burn my skin with hot glue. A heat gun melted a hole in my sock once also !
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
A little of both. I've sold some costumes that are decently made, or able to be sold cheap. Others I will wear again I keep in a closet in clear plastic containers which are all labelled by the name of the character.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
A mix of all. My mom taught me sewing basics but much of my skill is self taught by practice, and looking at tutorials online.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I do not have any more conventions planned for 2016 but in 2017 I plan for Pax South, Star Wars Celebration, and Pax West.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
I don't really have a limit as long as I save my money. I don't buy all of my materials at once so the spending is gradual. It's important to not go crazy with spending!
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
I have a really long list but I'd like to make Yennefer's alternate outfit from The Witcher 3.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I work in a manufacturing facility operating machines that fill bottles with fluid used in automotive maintenance.
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
My best experiences are always spending time with my friends at cons. The worst thing was the only contest I ever entered. My pauldron fell off my shoulder on stage.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Watch a lot of YouTube tutorials and Google all the things ! Also don't focus on comparing yourself to others. Do your thing and have fun !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
Not too many limits ! If I like it, I'll make it !
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/aprilgloriacosplay/