July 14 2017
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I have been cosplaying for seven years and modeling for eight years however I've been casually dressing up and costuming my entire life. I guess I just never grew out of that phase as a kid.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
I do a range of cosplays from things I pick up at a thrift shop to huge armor builds so my costumes can take a range of a simple 10 minutes in a store to weeks of careful construction.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I play World of Warcraft as well as Dungeons and Dragons mostly.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
I use worbla for armor, but I use expanding foam as well as craft foam for most of my props to make them lighter. Worbla can get heavy after a while, but it's extremely durable so it really depends on how much I want to carry during a convention or if I'm just using it for a photoshoot.
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
I actually don't have a favorite cosplayer. I love many cosplayers for various different reasons. I usually gain inspiration from many intricate costume designers, sexy cosplayers, and armor builders.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
I hurt myself every single time I make a costume. It's usually on a hot glue gun.
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet :D ?
I try to sell my old cosplays to make room, but I find it hard to part with cosplays and usually just end up collecting them and putting some pieces in my closet which I call "the cosplay graveyard".
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
I learned most of my sewing from just trial and error since I'm stubborn and like to figure things out myself. However, I did much research on lights and worbla on youtube.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I went to Anime Boston and U-Con at UCONN a few months ago. I plan on going to Connecticon in a couple of weeks.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
None. I have cosplays ranging from $10 to over $1,000.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
I have DJ Sona coming out soon. Sadly it's been delayed because I keep accidentally breaking it. I also have Yrel from World of Warcraft and Widowmaker from Overwatch planned and in the works.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I make clips and focus on Patreon.
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
My best experience with a convention was the first time I went to a con with just friends and not my parents. The worst experience was probably Anime Boston because I was having a lot of family drama that was far away from me and very stressful.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Don't compare yourself to others. Learn and be inspired by those you look up to.
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
I will give everything a try.
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/moniqalefevre/