December 27 2019
Here is the interview of the amazing Sasha Son from Russia !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I am in cosplay since 2009. It was a long journey. I still have much to learn.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. How long does it take to craft your costumes ?
I need time to do it, it goes from one day to a whole year.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I like to take pictures and, of course, to travel.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ?
My materials are completely different, not even ordinary, for example : cans of drinks or chips. But basically for processing I use eva forms, polystyrene foam.
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
I like what Jessica Nigri does.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
Sometimes, when I do craft, I can scratch myself.
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
I sell my costumes, but there are those suits that I'm not ready to part with. Cosplay takes half of my room.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
At first my friends helped me, then I found the information on the Internet and on YouTube. In my environment, I have many talented people, I can always turn to them for advice.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I am going to visit many festivals in different cities of my country.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
It very much depends of the cosplay. There are the very cheap cosplay and the ones that you need to save for years to make it.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
Kerrigan from Starcraft is my old dream.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
In real life I am a housewife, I also sew items that you can order.
13. You best experience from a convention ?
The Russian festival of Japanese animation in Voronezh, it's the best festival that takes place in my hometown, and many people from all over the country go to it.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Never listen to anyone, listen to your heart and do what you think is right. There will always be those who do not like it.
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
I don't think so, I do cosplay first of all for myself.
Her VK page : https://vk.com/cosplay__girl
Her Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/princes_son_cosplay/