August 22 2014
La dernière pour aujourd'hui... Voici l'interview de la luxembourgeoise Atashi !
1. How long have you been cosplaying ?
I first cosplayed in 2011 and started at the end of 2011 to make my own costumes.
2. Other hobbies or passions except cosplay ?
I love to play video games and to draw. I absolutely love to cook and to bake, I wish I would have more free time.
3. Are you going to local conventions ? And international ones ?
Mostly local ones. I'll visit this year around 7-8 conventions in Germany! And one in Paris, the Japan Expo. :)
4. Most cosplayers are making their costumes themselves, you too ?
Yes! It is absolutely fun to create my own costumes. I own a few bought ones too, but I only use them for small shootings (and they are still waiting in my closet for a shooting).
I love to do more complicated things like armor etc. I don't think it's bad for me to buy easy things like school uniforms.
5. From what is a costume made of ?
It depends. :) Different fabrics, Worbla's Finest Art (wonderful for armors!), EVA Foam...
6. Some costumes looks heavy or hard to be in, did you ever had to wear such problematic costume ?
Yes! My Black Gold Saw cosplay is one of those. My claws make it difficult to grab things, and I need help to put them on. I'm afraid of my next costume, which will be an armor one. I hope I can put it on without help.
7. Any favorite costume ?
So far my Black Gold Saw. I really love it!
8. Once a costume has been used, what do u do with it ? Trashing or stocking it ?
I sell some to make new room for new costumes or I take them to my parents house to store it there. Trashing didn't happen so far.
9. Making a costume requires some skills like sewing. But other skills are needed to make a weapon for example. How do you do your stuff ?
I'm actually not that good with sewing, but I try my best. I think it's okay. :D For my last weapon, the staff for Alleyne, I needed help of my friend to drill the holes in it. I'm a bit afraid of drillers...
10. A cosplayer buying costumes on ebay, is it evil ?
No of course not. I don't see what's wrong with it. Just don't tell others that you made it if you actually didn't.
11. Cosplay requires a lot of time. Is it hard to combine it with everyday life (job, studies…) ?
Yeah it is quite time consuming. Sometimes I cannot work on my cosplays because I've got a lot to do for my studies. But that's okay. :)
12. You have a budget for cosplay ?
I save up my money for my cosplays and conventions.
13. Do you buy PVC figures ? Or GK (garage kits) ?
No, actually not. I own only one figure, and that's the big Rytlock from Guild Wars 2. Figures are too expensive for me. But I'd like to own more...
14. Any favorite anime or paper manga ?
Chobits, Black Rock Shooter Anime and Toradora.
15. Any future cosplay idea ?
Yes, I'll do an armor set from AION.
16. Playing on PC or console ? Playing MMO(RPG) ?
Yes and yes. :) I love playing Portal, Legend of Zelda, Guild Wars 2, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy... Ohh and Pokémon of course!
17. Is your boyfriend/girlfriend jealous or upset when you wear sexy outfits for cosplay ?
I think he loves those outfits. He supports me a lot!
18. Does your family help you in your coslayer life ?
My mother helped me back in 2011. She thinks it's cool that I learned to sew and so on. She's a bit proud of my work and shows the pictures of me in my cosplays around.
19. Ever encounter problems with other cosplayers (jealousy for ex) ?
Mhh not yet. I hope it stays like this.
20. If you wanna say something to the world, here is your chance !
Many thanks for the interview, I feel honored! And thank you very much for all your support!
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/AtashiCosplay
Official web site : http://atashicosplay.storenvy.com/