March 23 2015
Voici l'interview de la très jolie Sweet Angel !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I started in november 2008, so more than 6 years ^^ !
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes?
It depends on the costume: some are fast to create for example in only one week, and others require more time. ou have to consider also the weather and other aspect, in particular for use some materials: resin, spray, etc.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
Cosplay is a time and money consuming hobby, so there is not so much space for other hobbies in my life. I graduated at University some months ago and University took me so much time, without giving me money, you can do 2+2
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ? I've seen we have transparent worbla now...
In general I use forex, sometimes foam, resin. I used worbla only twice because I don't like it so much (noth enough smooth!). Transparent worbla seems interesting, but is so expensive!
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
I have so many favourite cosplayers! Too many
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
Cosplay is sufference! I mean that it happen that you can't go to the toilet, or is so heavy, or the wig is too small, or the contact lenses are not so comfortable, or high heel are painful. But also making costumes can hurt: hot glue on your hand, industrial phon on your body, fire on your hand using a lighter, an so on xD !
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
I sold some old costumes, but only the ones in good condition! Some other cosplays are not for sale, I love them too much for give them away!
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
I started alone with no help (expecialy from my family that doesn't support my hobby), but now there are tons of online tutorials and it's easy to learn new things.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
Here the list: https://www.facebook.com/notes/sweet-angel/cosplay-conventions-2015/895619423803208
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
it depend'son the costume. I'm for the quality instead the quantity: I prefer to do few costumes but buying good quality fabrics, wigs and material ^^ ! I try to order every piece I need several months before so I can divide the budget in time.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
If it's a secret i can't tell it to you.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I graduated few months ago in industrial biotechnology, and I'm still looking for a job realted to my studies! btw the oly money that I earn now are from my signed prints >,< !
13. You best souvenir from a convention ? And your worst ?
It's so rare I buy something in conventions, buy online the same items is cheaper.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Trials and errors are your best friend !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make (too sexy, too hard, too heavy...) ?
I'm not interested in crossplay, but in future i want to try to do nearly all kind of costumes.