December 19 2016
Here comes the interview of the beautiful Fosya from Russia !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I'm in cosplay since 2010 !
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
Oh that depends on difficulty of a costume and what my future plans are. Sometimes it takes a day, some of them can take about a year or even more...
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
Yes, of course ! I'm also a photographer and I'm studying to be a cameraman.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
Worbla is the best material I've ever seen, I always watch tutorials about it, but I've never work with it ! However I'm gonna order it for one of my next costume. Usually, I use foam, kapa, linoleum, papier-maché, etc.
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
I have lots of cosplayers who I really wanted to be ! And many cosplayers that inspire me. But unfortunately, I know very few foreign cosplayers, so most of them are Russian.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
In conventions my feet always hurt because of my shoes. And while I'm making some craft I can easily cut myself, burn a finger or another part of my body. Of course it's a very dangerous hobby...
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
My closet is really huge, but it isn't endless ! And my family don't like the fact that my costumes needs a lot of space, so I have to sell them anyway. And I always need money to make new ones anyway !
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
Mostly by watching tutorials. And learning from my mistakes, of course !
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
This year is ending, and we only have "Igromir Expo" on next week and after I have no festivals that I really want to visit. It's "Oni No Yoru" in october, but Im gonna go as a photographer there. However Im gonna visit "3D Print Expo" but I'm not sure yet.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
NO LIMIT ! I'm trying to do cosplay as cheap as I can, but I can spend a lot of money for quality. My most expensive costume cost me 40,000 rubles (625$).
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
Yes, I have one ! I'm gonna try to do the most difficult cosplay I've ever done. But I still don't know my capabilities.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
It's very difficult to find a good job now, so I have only different kinds of underworkings.
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
Oh I've never had any bad conventions, and good ones are too many... But one of the most vivid convention was in Ufa town. It's very far from Moscow (where I live) and I made a team of LoL cosplayers. The team consisted of 9 people, but at last moment before the convention we were only 3 left... With a Tibbers costume (the big bear) !
We didn't finished our costumes because we missed our train and we had to take plain tickets to Ufa. We were trying to finish the costumes on the convention, but we still didn't finish. As we had no man for the Tibbers costume, so we found someone and just putted the suit on him ! That was a terrible journey and of course the performance was really not cool. However WE WON A THIRD PLACE lol ! I still can't believe it !
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me ! BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
I'd never do a nude-cosplay. Some people think that I had a nude Horo photoshoot, but the truth is that I wasn't fully naked !
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/fosyacosplay/