January 26 2018
Here comes the interview of the mighty Lara Lunardi from USA !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I have been cosplaying since 2009.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
It really depends on the costume. Sometimes you can get away with styling pre made accessories, but a lot of times I have to come up with stuff made from scratch. Those are a lot more time consuming ! An armor can take from 20 to over 100 hours !
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I love to bake cakes, cupcakes, cookies... But I also am terrible at eating most of the ingredients before I finish cooking !
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
I have used from yoga mats to worbla, My material choice depends on my budget and how many times I intend to wear the costume. Transparent worbla is fun, but not my material of choice. I am honestly done with the worbla fever. It is a great material, but too expensive for what it is. You can achieve similar looks with more cost effective materials.
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
I love the work done by Jessica Nigri. She is a badass.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
Many times. Probably every time. I am really clumsy ! I step on blades, poke myself with needles, burn myself with hot glue and have also superglued many limbs together...
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
It depends. I very rarely sell my costumes because they are pretty worn out by the time I am done wearing them. But I do make to order.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
I learned mostly by myself. I have done a few internships in the fashion field, which obviously add to my skills, but most of it is just passed along by family, friends and good old youtube !
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I'm planning on attending E3 and Anime Expo.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
It depends. I like to spend as litte as possible for most of the time, but if I happen to want to do a character badly.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
Samus's classic powersuit !
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
That is a big big secret. I don't like to talk about my personal life. But let's say it is related to games and animation.
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
I love to go to Fanime ! It's basically party con. Lots of friends, pool parties, good food... I can't really think of a bad con...
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Believe in yourself ! Also use your google and youtube abilities to the max. You can learn a whole lot from those sources.
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
Absolutely. A lot of costumes I wouldn't do... There are many characters I like, but their outfits stop me from creating the garment they wear... Some are way too naked. Some have real bulky armor. I have been contemplating Reinhardt !
Her FB page : https://www.facebook.com/laralunardi/
Her official website : http://www.laralunardi.com/