December 27 2018
Here comes the interview of the amazing Irina Sabetskaya from Belarus !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
More than 2 years ago, since August 2016.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. How long does it take to craft your costumes ?
I prefer to make contests, makeup and bodyarts, so, usually a day or two. For hard works, I can spend a month or even more.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I like to watch tv shows and to play games. I also like to draw and to take & edit photos.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting ?
In my country we still don't even have the simple worbla (or a posibility to order it) so I don't know about new versions of worbla. But I'm using Eva foam (2mm) and it's the only one type of material that we have here.
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
A lot of them ! Alyson Tabbitha and Madison Kate are my favorites I guess.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
I never been in conventions, but I always cut/burn my fingers while crafting !
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
I always keep them with me because I love them and I love to make new shootings sometimes.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? Reading books or watching tutorials ?
I prefer to learn all by myself, slowly and with mistakes, but it's more fun for me !
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
Don't planning any ! We only have a few small ones in my country (but not in my city) and I don't have a possibility to go to conventions in another countries. I'm dreaming about Katsukon and Blizzcon.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
100-200$ is a maximum price for me at that moment. No armor !
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
I have a lot of plans, but not sure when and where to start ! Also I really wanna make more facial art and body art but I need to find more characters for this.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I was a seller in shop, but now I'm trying to search another one...
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
Like I said at question 6, I never been in conventions.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Yes, do what you want and how you want it ! Don't be scared about mistakes, most important thing in cosplay is having fun !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
No, I want to make everything that I like !
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Eveninkcosplay/
Her patreon : https://www.patreon.com/evenink_cosplay