September 16 2019
Here comes the interview of the beautiful Lady Angie from Italy !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
Well, I started in 2011 or something like that with a cheap snow white cosplay, it took me some years to became more serious !
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
Well obviously it depends on the costume, I would say one month minimum, plus because I study and I have little time.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplay ?
Sure, I play videogames, sometimes I stream on Twitch and I do aerial hoop and pole dancing !
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
Mostly foam, because it's easy to style and cheap. I used worbla crystal art for details, there are small worbla balls that can be thermoformed. Transparent worbla is basically the same but in sheets it can be dyed to create some cool effects !
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
Well so many ! Most of them are Italian too, but for the popular ones, I'd say the queen Jessica Nigri, Kinpatsu cosplay and Lightning cosplay !
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
I often burn my fingers with the heat gun or hot glue, nothing too serious by the way. During a con I'm quite safe, except for the stress the costume may cause.
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
I usually sell them when I feel I don't want to wear them anymore, also to buy some new ones. Many are still sad because I sold my Nidalee cosplay !
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching tutorials ?
Mostly my cosplayer friends and tutorials on YouTube, but I wanna thank so much all the nice people who constantly help me for any cosplay issue !
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
Lucca Comics for sure, then I still have to decide. Maybe something in Japan, I'll stay there for a month and a half.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
Well I don't really have a limit budget, of course I try to save money but to me quality really matters, so Im happy to invest in good materials, wigs and props.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
Well I'm not a secret person, everytime something comes in my mind I feel the need to share it, maybe jeanne d'arc alter or shuten douji jiangshi ? Really don't know !
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I've almost finished university, architecture and I'm hoping to find a good job as an architect of interior designer !
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
Every time I attend a con with my friends it's a good experience ! The worst was when I was going to a local con here in Rome and I got scammed by a car rental service, so I lost 1 day at the con and my money lol. Of course nothing related to the con itself.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Don't be scared to try ! If you never try, you'll never know ! Cosplay is so much fun !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
Well maybe something too sexy, just because I wouldn't feel confident in it, then who knows, maybe you will see me in a giant heavy armor, I'm ready ! lol. Thank you !
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/lady4ngie/