January 24 2020
Here is the interview of the beautiful Kumi from Poland ! Interview made in 2018, I'm a bit late on that one !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I'm cosplaying since 2013, but in 2014 I started to make cosplays by myself
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
It depends of the difficulty of the costume and my motivation. I can make a cosplay in 2 weeks, but only if I'm well motivated.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I like to look at memes, play overwatch, draw and sing. Sometimes I'm playing violin too.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ?
I'm using worbla and eva foam most of the time.
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
I think that Shappi, Kamui and Kinpatsu are my favorite cosplayers. Everything they make looks perfect, and I would love to make such amazing things one day.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
Everytime I make a new costume I hurt myself with the heat gun, the hot glue pistol or with an iron. Owwie !
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
I don't have a big closet, so I'm trying to sell old costumes if I don't need them anymore.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
I've learned sewing basics from my grandmother, my dad is helping me with lights, and other things like crafting in EVA foam was learned from tutorials on youtube.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
Pyrkon in Poznan only.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
It depends of the difficulty of the costume.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
I don't have any secrets plans for now.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I'm in high school actually. I was born in 1998, but I moved to Norway with my parents, so I was in a language school, and I haven't any job.
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
My best experience from a convention was when I won a cosplay performance contest on Tsuru 2016 in Rybnik.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
If you want to do a cosplay of your favourite character, go for it. Try your best and remember to make a good research about everything you need.
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
I will never oversexualize any character !
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/kumicosplay/