January 17 2023
Here's the interview of Little Owlie from Italy. That interview was made in late 2019, sorry for the late Owlie !
Photo by Alessio Buzi
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I do cosplay since 2014.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
Usually a cosplay takes me a month to make.
Photo by Luca Finotto
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I only do cosplay as a hobby, I study and work so I don't have much time.
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ?
I use EVA foam, and very few times the Worbla.
Photo by Luca Finotto
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
My favorite cosplayers are Dat Germia, Cowbuttcrunchies, Kamui Cosplay.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
While doing cosplay I ALWAYS go badly, with hot glue or cutters.
Photo by Giorgia Cingolani
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
I sold some cosplay, but in Italy it is very difficult. Everyone wants low prices even if the quality deserves more money.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
I learned to do cosplay through youtube and friends.
Photo by Irish Gerry
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I go to a few conventions because of work, only lucca comics, Volta in cosplay and sometimes the unicorn party.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
I try not to spend more than 100€, maximum 150€.
Photo by Solipsis
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
No I don't have super secret cosplay at the moment.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
In real life I'm about to graduate, and I work in an ice cream shop.
Photo by Fotomania82
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
My worst experience is when you meet people who don't respect your work and try to ruin your cosplay. But it is always nice to receive compliments and appreciations. Once I won a cosplay contest and Kamui gave me the prize and complimented me, I was very happy.
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Watch many youtube videos ! It's helpful.
Photo by LittleOwlie
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
My dream is to do the Overwatch cosplay of Tracer, but it's a very expensive cosplay so I don't think I could ever do it.
her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/owliecosplay