July 1 2019
To start the month and your monday in a good way, here comes the interview of the goddess Anya Ichios from Russia !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I started to cosplay in 2008.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
It depends on the costume. Easy dresses, I can sew it in 1-2 days, crafting costumes in a week but in the beginning it took me months due to study and work.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I'm a gamer since childhood so videogames and gym, and fishing lol !
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
I use bubblestar (local equivalent of worbla) and chinese worbla, EVA-foam 70-90 shor, foamirane, sometimes PVC, and a lot of materials that fits my needs. Transparent worbla and foam glue are so expensive, so for now I don't use them ! Maybe in the future I will !
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
So many ! In the begining I got inspiration from Yaya Han's crafting works and Jessica Nigri's videos ! Now I like Kamui, Kinpatsu, Enji Night, Alyson Tabbitha, Sosenka and a lot of others talented people ! I personally love cosplayers from my country : Jannet Incosplay, Irina Meier, Narga, and many more !
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
It happened while working sometimes I got cut or I burned myself but it is very rare, no pain no cosplay lol ! Working on photoshoots and conventions is an hard work, especially in uncomfortable costumes with wigs or boots. Still nothing happened.
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
Sometimes I sell my old costumes but only if they don't fit my style anymore or I can't use it for work. I have a HUUGE closet !
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
I learned crafting form tutorials, friends and my own tests ! I attended school of cutting and sewing.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
Starting from spring I have booked almost every weekends for conventions mainly in my country and by end of October / begin of November I will attend Lucca Comics & Games in Italy. I'm looking for international invitations to meet new awesome people and visit cool places !
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
None, No limits for a cosplay !
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
I have a lot of ongoing projects, people just need to follow my instagram or facebook to see them !
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I'm a full-time cosplayer now. I'm happy to have this opportunity but it's and hard work ! And of course Patreon helps a lot !
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
Every convention is like my birthday ! Love them soo much ! My first cosplay con was in 2008, my first winning was in 2010 and my first big GameExpo was in 2013. It was the brightest. Such nostalgia ! Thankfully until now i got no bad experience !
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Do everything with joy and love ! Only positive emotions !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
No limits for cosplay ! But no lewd please !
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/ichioscosplay/
Her patreon : https://www.patreon.com/ichios