April 17 2015
On reste en Italie avec la très jolie Miyu Shizuki !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay?
I’m a cosplayer since 2010.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes?
It depends to costume to costume, some requires so much time (especially, in the working of materials) and others are faster but, the most important thing is how much free time I have completely available.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying?
I love reading, travelling (how it can be possible, so much money.. sigh!) and I’m a musician since a I was six. I play transverse flute!
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla? Foam? Can you talk about that a little bit? I've seen we have transparent worbla now...
I usually have tried to use all materials: especially foam but also forex, worbla, resin and fiberglass. I’m so curious to try this “transparent worbla”, I think that the coloration and the insertion of LED could be amazing.
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer?
No, I don’t have one or more favorites cosplayer because I love the beautiful works of many, less or more well-known cosplayer or cosmaker.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention?
Oh yes, in a convention I need to go often to the toilet because of my health problems and.. what sufferance! I also have problems with contact lenses because of my eyes, they are very delicate!
I think that in all my costumes that I worked on, I always have glued my fingers or burned my hands with hot glue or industrial phon.
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet?
I sold some old costumes or others that don’t fit well on me.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays? Your family? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials?
I learned thanks to my friends, but especially learning by my errors (too many!).
9. Which conventions are you going to this year?
I usually go in some cosplay conventions in my region (Tuscany is so much active in cosplay events) because they are all so near where I live! Every year I tried to don’t miss Rimini Comix, Lucca Comics and Cartoomics or Novegro (Milan).. but I have a wish, I'd like so much to visit an international cosplay event (like USA's events or in Japan).
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay?
I don’t have a budget limit because even if a project is too big and complex, I think that any person is able to manage money and free time during the time of his project. Usually, large and expensive projects require months of preparation and for a perfect quality sometimes you have to spend so much money.. With time and sacrifices you can make all, but if you want a “big” perfect project immediately you must spend always so much in money and free time.. I'm not too crazy in trying to do it without sufficient money and free time but, if someone can afford it, good for him!
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind?
Of course, but.. it is a secret! I can’t reveal it eheheh!
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living?
I always worked and now I’m near to my university graduation (I’m so happy!).
13. You best souvenir from a convention? And your worst?
My best "souvenir" is one gift from my boyfriend (a big cat plush) and my worst.. mmh.. I don’t remember at the moment, maybe all that I like, but I can't buy because of few money!
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners?
I don’t know which might be the best advices for the beginners.. maybe, where you can buy a good wig? first lessons about right materials and their use? or basic sewing rules? Maybe all these and more.. but I wanted to share with you my personal advices not only for the beginners or "wannabees", but for everybody:
- Never give up (if you like this hobby, your friends, acquaintances or even your family’s opinions can’t scare you);
- Never stop to try again;
- Errors are your best teacher;
- In whatever way you choose to approach to cosplay, don't forget the fun!
- Your hobby isn’t your work or your only life, never forget your priorities.
15. Do you have limits? Some cosplays you will never make (too sexy, too hard, too heavy...)?
I like to experience everything, but I try to avoid excesses.
Sa page facebook officielle : https://www.facebook.com/miyushizukicosplay
Son site perso : http://www.miyushizukicosplay.com