July 12 2023
Here comes the interview of Adularia from Italy !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I've been cosplaying since 2008
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
It depends on cosplay. I can say that before I started to have a real job, I had a lot of spare time and I was able to manage study and crafting...now it's a little bit different.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I really LOVE photography, music and traveling!
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ?
I used a lot of materials during these years! I've started with the classic Worbla. Then I used foam in different qualities. Recently I have seen a lot of new kind of worblas and I've tested all of them! Transparent, Black, Pearly, Red, Thybra and...I think that all of them have specific uses. So you have to know them a little to choose the right one for your prop!
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
Yeah, of course...my Sensei Kamui, but also Lightning, Kinpatsu and Maul. Really great inspirations
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
Ahahah Cosplay is suffer! Yeah, I burnt my fingers, cut my hands during crafting but I think it's normal
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
No I haven't sold anything...I think that everything can be useful in the future!
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
My family has a great sewing tradition! Starting from my grandmother, then my mother and now me too. But crafting was just thank to youtube tutorial!
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
Not so many con actually. In Italy we start to improve many private shooting events with inportant photographers. And this year I have focused my attention just to these kind of events.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
Mmm I don't have a limit but I always try to get something good with less money if it's possible!
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
By now, no secret plans...maybe I will get ideas during a sleepless night!
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
IRL I am a Dietitian
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
I really don't know. I think if you go to a con, It's just to chill with friends, making new ones and enjoy it. I really don't expect too much from cons. Maybe because I have joined a lot in all these years...
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
The only advice is: DO IT FOR YOUR PERSONAL PASSION AND FUN. I think that now a lot of beginners starts in order to get popularity and money. But I think that if you have the fire of passion you can burn everything else!
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
By now, my limits are NSFW images.
Her instagram : https://www.instagram.com/adulariacos/
Her facebook : https://www.facebook.com/adulariacosplay/