April 11 2017
Here's another brand new interview with the living goddess Giu Hellsing from Brazil !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I do cosplay for 7 years! I started in 2009 !
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
Hmm it depends on the cosplay ! For some cosplay I can take one whole month, but for others I can do it in a week of hard work !
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
I work and make cosplay, so I don't have much time for other hobbies, buuut I love to read, play, and stuff !
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ? I've seen we have transparent worbla now...
I usually use e.v.a (foam), but I use worbla, styrofoam, cardboard and even pipes ! I quite analyze the costume before I start, and choose the best stuff ! For large accessories I usually choose lightweight materials. Or what I need ! Everything is valid !
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
I love the work of MANY cosplayers, but the cosplayer who taught me more with their techniques, was Kamui Cosplay ! She's fabulous !
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
Ahaha it's funny, but I always hurt me ! Always cut me or burn me, but nothing serious !
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
The cosplays I love most, I keep them in a room of my house. My fav room ! But others I usually sell,yes !
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
My family is basically artists ! My father is a designer, and my mother is an art teacher ! So it was quite easy for me ! But I learned practicing ! And of course, reading many tutorials !
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I will go in almost all conventions here in my town, and some in other states. But this year, I will go to a convention out of Brazil ! Stay tuned !
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
I don't have a limit budget ! But usually I spend little, and always look for cheaper materials (but good) !
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
I have many secret projects in mind, buuuut I always end up revealing before. Especially on my instagram.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I'm an art teacher, and I love my job ! And all the time I have left, I do cosplay. And now I have a shop print, and this helps me to continue with all my projects !
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
I love using cosplay with my friends, so this will always be the best time to wear a cosplay, and have fun ! And the worst is when people don't respect the cosplayers, they touch us without a consent, besiege, it happens a lot unfortunately !
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Start with the simple ! Make all details with calm and patience (aaand love) ! So gradually you will gain experience and improving ! And invest on the photography ! It makes a difference !
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
In the past, I had ! For example, I always said that I could not do much sexy characters like Vampirella. But I was wrong ! I did it this year, and loved it ! So now I don't usually have "limits" except making a character that I don't like maybe ?
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/GiuHellsing/
I also received these 3 wonderful signed prints from the lady !