June 9 2015
Bon alors là, c'est carrément la toute grande classe ! Voici l'interview de la magnifique et toujours très classe Astarohime de Russie <3 ! Et dire que je l'ai vue à Made in Asia mais je ne l'ai même pas reconnue. Quel boulet je fais...
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I've been a cosplayer for 8 years already.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
It depends! Some costumes were made extra-quickly, some have took me 1-2 month. I'm trying to rotate complicated costumes with simple ones, for not being too tired of sewing and crafting.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
Not really (for now). Because cosplay gives you incredible freedom and develop your different talents. It includes: crafting, sewing, designing, acting, dancing, posing and many others. I love travelling as much as I love cosplay! It's a great inspiration for me! I'm so much happy to visit new places and meet new people!
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ? I've seen we have transparent worbla now...
It's extremely expensive for Russians to buy worbla or any of that nice materials which cosplayers from America, Asia and Europe are using. So we often use very surprising stuff. For example for my Trinity Blood armour, I used rubber covering for floor and gym carpet hahaha! I had no choice! But I really want to try EVA foam or Worbla if I have a chance!
5. Do you have any FAVORITE cosplayer ?
It's more inspiration than favourite I guess. But I have some of course! It's definitelly my beautiful friends Yuegene Fay and Reika. They always do such an amazing work on make-up and costumes! It's pure pleasure to see their cosplays. Also I'm in love with works of chinese cosplayer King. I wish one day we will meet in personal! Her photos are just brilliant!
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
Oh, yes! I had some unlucky moments while crafting *cry* I got a very bad burn while crafting my Seth's Nightlord butterfly shoes, it was painfull as hell! And I often cut my fingers while crafting of PVC, because I'm not strong enough, meeh...
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet :D ?
I sell some cosplays when my big love to the characters become not so big, you know! It's very hard to say goodbye to some costume when you deeply love character and put a lot of effort in making his/her costume. Also it's heartbreaking when you have some good memory related to some costume.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
Nope. Honestly I'm too lazy to watch tutorials (shhh... it's a secret). So I got all my skills while practicing to make cosplays. It's really fun to try to figure up some crazy design.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I've already been to Made in Asia in Belgium, Otaku Fest in Romania and a lot of Russian events. I'm planning to visit Bulgaria this year, some asian events and Ecuador, and of course more of Russian events as a cosplay judge.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
I don't have any limit actually, because cosplay is my passion and I try to use the best materials from possible materials. It makes me feel more confident and more happy of my work.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
I'm so spontaneous person that is hurts! The only thing I know is that it will be more Adekan and Trinity Blood, because it's my favourite fandoms.
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I'm working and studying.
13. You best souvenir from a convention ? And your worst ?
My best souvenir from any con is to make new friends! I'm so very thankfull for these happy meetings with great and talented people! Worst is the stress! But I can deal with it with a cup of good coffee!
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
LOVE your character and have fun! Cosplay is all about fun! Cosplay is here to make you happy!
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make (too sexy, too hard, too heavy...) ?
Hmmm... I'm not sure actually. I think it could be a big problem for me to cosplay as a very muscular tall man, because I'm pretty short, but if I want to do it one day, why not! It will be very challenging! I also don't really like to make sexy cosplay, it makes me confused and embarrassed, I think I just don't have that "sexy part" in me.
Sa page facebook : https://www.facebook.com/astarohime.koyu/
Sa page deviantart : http://astarohime.deviantart.com/