February 8 2019
Here comes the interview of the very talented & impressive Tingilya from Bavaria !
1. For how long have you been in cosplay ?
I started with Cosplay in 2014.
2. Cosplay is a time consuming hobby. how long does it take to craft your costumes ?
Thats different and depends on the project - for armors I need about 10 weeks, for technical extra stuff like wings its about 3 or 4 weeks more. But I also crafted some own designed characters in under one week.
3. Any other hobby or passion besides cosplaying ?
No, there is definitly no time left !
4. What materials are you using for cosplay crafting, worbla ? Foam ? Can you talk about that a little bit ?
Most of my armors are made out of worbla, I also use foam but just for weapons or for parts which have to be very lightweight. My favorite material is the worblas Pearly Art ! I made nearly everything out of that material.
5. Do you have any favorite cosplayer ?
Oh I have a lot of idols : Lightning Cosplay, Kamui and Jessica Nigri for example are a huge inspiration for me.
6. Did you hurt yourself while making a cosplay or in a convention ?
I don‘t count my little injuries anymore but I never had a serious injury, just little scratches or cuts.
7. Do you sell your old cosplays, or just keep it in a huge closet ?
Actually I didn‘t sell any of my old cosplays... but I am running out of space so... maybe I will do that in the future.
8. Who teached you to craft your cosplays ? Your family ? By reading books or watching youtube tutorials ?
I've learned a lot from Kamuis Cosplay videos. And I am collecting crafting books. When it comes to the technical stuff my father is my biggest help.
9. Which conventions are you going to this year ?
I will start my convention year with DreamHack Leipzig and Epiccon. Of course I will also be at Gamescom.
10. What is your limit budget for a cosplay ?
I dont have a limit budget ! When I am in love with a huge project which is very expensive I wait until I have enough money or I do some extra hours at work to earn more money.
11. Any future super secret cosplay project in mind ?
If I would tell you it wouldn‘t be super secret anymore, right ?
12. What are you doing in "real" life for a living ?
I am a waitress.
13. You best experience from a convention ? And your worst ?
My best experience was at ComicCon Russia in Moscow, when a super hot cosplayer came to me with her phone to tell me that she loves my work and asked if its possible to take a photo - she wrote the text on her phone in google translator so I can read it in English because she only speeks Russian. How awesome is this. I am always so overwhelmed when people come to me at conventions and tell me that I am an inspiration for them and that they love what I do - that makes me so happy !
My worst experience : I think that was a girl who ran into my wings, I didn't see her coming and she nearly tackled me down, she kept running away without saying sorry or something... that really left me speechless...
14. Any advice for cosplay wannabees or beginners ?
Just have fun ! And don‘t be sad when the first costume is not a masterpiece, everyone starts small and we all grow with our projects.
15. Do you have limits ? Some cosplays you will never make ?
I dont think so !
Her facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/TingilyaCosplay/